Monday 3 May 2010

Nasty Comedians


Nasty comedians choose to make fun of people who are in a minority group and unless you happen to be a part of that group it is usually considered amusing. Frankie Boyle offended a mother of a downs syndrome child at a recent gig. (further reading available on the link) She happened to be in the front row and was upset at his jokes. However, she had laughed at jokes about race, religion and many other controversial issues prior to this incident. At the end of the day if you choose to see a live controversial comedian I think you should expect to find at least one or even two of the issues a little hard hitting.




I do have to say though that I do not condone jokes about downs syndrome, race or religion which is why I choose not to go and see their acts or line their pockets with my hard earned cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment